This was a re-read for me. I read it back when the movie came out but never finished the rest of the series. I chose to start the series from the first book.
This was one I got from Netgalley. I’ve been wanting to enjoy more historical fiction so when I read this description I decided to give it a go. I loved it – a lot more than I thought I would. It was thought provoking, emotional and had excellent character development. My review will be coming soon.
This was one of my most anticipated reads this year and I really enjoyed it. The plot was unique and the characters were super. My review will be coming soon.
I’ve almost been blogging for a month and I’m so happy to be back. I took a long break because of things going on in my personal life and I missed it so much. I made the decision to start again with an entirely new blog because I felt my old one didn’t fit my personality and what I wanted to achieve. Here is a round up of the posts I published in my first month back;
- Half Bad by Sally Green book review.
- Radio Silence by Alice Oseman book review.
- WWW Wednesday #1.
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs book review.
- Stacking the Shelves #1.
- 5 Exciting Releases I Need Right Now.
- Top 10 Tuesday | Series I Probably Won’t Finish.
- Top 5 Wednesday | Books I Want to Read By the End of the Year.
• This month I wanted to focus on getting organised in my writing life, so I can be better prepared to start the first draft of my current novel. I managed to achieve that which is fantastic because I’m the worlds worst at being organised.
• Another one of my writing goals this month was to write more fanfiction. I’ll admit I’m obsessed with it and I’m not ashamed to admit I enjoy writing it. I also find that it’s helping to improve my writing skills and keep my creative juices flowing. I managed to get out 2 chapters of my current work in progress so I’m happy with that.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.
- We Are Okay by Nina LaCour.
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber.
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamont.
- Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sheptts.
- Read 4 books.
- Post 5 book reviews.
- Post 2-3 blog posts a week (hopefully more!)
- Finish character development of my current work in progress.
- Outline a short story.
- Write 3 chapters of my current FanFiction work in progress.
That’s it for my June Wrap up and July TBR/Goals.
How many books did you read this month? Is there anything else you’d like to see me wrap up at the end of each month?