Hello everyone and welcome to Blogtober day 9. Today I’m here with 20 writing prompts – all inspired by Halloween. I’ve never done one of these before nor have I ever come up with some writing prompts. I really hope you can find some inspiration here and these prompts are helpful to you in your writing journey. Also, thank you to my best friend Sarah who helped me come up with the prompts! Without further rambling here they are!
1. No matter how hard I tried I couldn’t scrub the blood from the walls.
2. It wasn’t the wind – it was screaming.
3. There’s a strange knocking sound coming from the attic.
4. October the 31st – The night when all murders are legal.
5. The leaves were crunching beneath my feet then I was falling through a hole.
6. They had to die, because I didn’t want to.
7. The Halloween party I’ll never forget.
8. And that’s how I defeated them.
9. Halloween fright night was supposed to be a laugh – nobody told me it’s all real.
10. It was over in a flash and there was nothing I could do.
11. I knew I shouldn’t have bought that video game.
12. I’d never had to bury a body, before tonight.
13. I told them I wasn’t crazy, but they didn’t believe me.
14. An alternative Halloween.
15. The night that’ll haunt me forever.
16. It wasn’t meant to be like this.
17. I didn’t mean to kill them but I did.
18. Everything I touched exploded.
19. I heard them pronounce me dead.
20. I was the only one of us who made it out alive.
I hope you can find some inspiration with these prompts, let me see what you come up with if you use any! have fun and keep writing!