So after so many people enjoyed my writing prompt posts I did in Blogtober (3 Word Writing Prompts & 20 Writing Prompts to Inspire You This Halloween) I’ve decided to start a series of writing prompts right here on my blog. So to kick it off I’m here today with 30 fantasy writing prompts for November.
1. You discover you have the power of telekinesis, do you cause havoc or do you try to do good?
2. Your entire village is wiped out by the plague, what do you do next?
3. You find out your biological mother is an evil witch and now she wants you back.
4. After stepping in a puddle you find yourself in a whole new world.
5. Your twin sibling dies and you suddenly appear in an abandoned village on the day of the funeral.
6. The royal family are having a party and you haven’t been invited. However, you’re going whether they like it or not.
7. You discover a young girl is being kept underneath your home.
8. The group of elves living in the woods outside your home decide to wage war on humans.
9. You go off on a journey to prove the existence of a legendary monster.
10. A young boy walks out of a known cursed lake – and nobody knows who he is or why he is here.
11. A dragon kidnaps your little brother and you volunteer to go and rescue him.
12. You belong to a small fairy community and you have been asked to sabotage the human’s crops.
13. After the death of your grandmother you decide to hike into the mountains and find the cave she told you about on her deathbed.
14. After a thief makes off with the Baron’s most prized possession, you are sent to get it back.
15. The royal family that rule your kingdom aren’t very nice people and you join a rebel organization trying to take them down.
16. A magical circus appears in your town.
17. You were born an elf but you’ve heard there’s a controversial wizard who can turn you into a human.
18. As the child of the most famous wizard in the kingdom – it’s up to you to stop his dangerous experiments.
19. There’s a castle that sits up on the tallest hill – except you just watched it disappear before your eyes.
20. You have the ability to paint with your eyes – what current masterpiece are you working on?
21. You begin trekking up a mountain when you come face to face with a creature only believed to have existed in fiction.
22. You attend a magic show where the magician recognises your tattoo. He arranges to meet you after the show.
23. As the daughter of the village alchemist, it’s your job to gather the ingredients your mother needs. However, one day when you go foraging you find the forest burnt to the ground.
24. Once a pirate, always a pirate.
25. You’ve always wanted to be a mermaid – that was until you met one.
26. I kept telling them I wasn’t crazy and that fairies are real.
27. After your twin brother dies a part of your soul snaps off. The only way to get it back is to travel to the underworld and steal it.
28. You make voodoo dolls for a living and then sell them to the bad guys.
29. A train with blacked out windows rattles through your village every Saturday. It has never stopped – until today.
30. You discover a treasure map and decide to go on an adventure.
As always, let me know if you use any. I’d love to see what you come up with 🙂