I’m back today with more writing prompts! This time I’m giving you some post-apocalyptic prompts. If you would like to check out my other writing prompt posts I will leave the links down below –
- 42 Simple Writing Prompts To Stay Creative This Christmas
- 20 Dystopian Writing Prompts To Inspire Your Next Novel
- 20 Winter Creative Writing Prompts For An Inspiring December
- 30 Fantasy Writing Prompts For A Creative November
- 3 Word Creative Writing Prompts (For The Horror Writer In You)
- 20 Writing Prompts To Inspire You This Halloween
1. The electric goes out and everyone’s disappeared.
2. Write a story from the perspective of a zombie.
3. You were born the year the apocalypse happens. Tell your story.
4. You need food so you break into an abandoned supermarket. That’s when you hear the music box start playing and you realise you aren’t alone.
5. You’re the leader of the baddest, most ruthless gang in the wasteland. Write about what happens when someone threatens your leadership.
6. A character uses the apocalypse to forge a new identity and start a new life. Why?
7. The unthinkable happens and now you’re stuck in your dad’s bunker.
8. Multiple volcanoes erupt at the same time, destroying much of the world. You only survive because you were playing up in the mountains with your friends. What happens next?
9. Your family have been ready for months. Except when the bombs finally arrive you’re trapped inside the bunker and your dad is nowhere to be found.
10. You thought you were alone in this new world until you meet up with an escaped convict.
11. A strange howling is heard across the world then everything erupts into chaos.
12. The oceans rise and the world is flooded. How do you survive?
13. You’ve always hated Friday the 13th. That’s why you weren’t surprised when the apocalypse happened on that very day.
14. You’ve spent the last 2 years in your bunker and now it’s time to resurface. Write about what you find.
15. The only reason you survived the apocalypse is because you agreed to go into a special bunker to be experimented on. Now, a group of you have decided to break out. Write about what happens.
16. You are searching for supplies when you find a 10-year-old girl huddled in a supermarket. You decide to take her with you.
17. How you would you celebrate Christmas in the wasteland?
18. You agreed to be cryogenically frozen whilst the apocalypse took place. What everyone thought would happen, turned out to be wrong. Everything is so much worse.
19. A riot breaks out in your bunker and the only way to get away from it is to leave the safety of the underground, but you don’t know what’s out there.
20. A spat of dangerous weather breaks out all over the world. Hundreds of thousands of people die. You are left to take care of your 2 small siblings. What happens?
Let me know if you use any of these prompts, I’d love to see what you come up with.