A writer can never have too much inspiration. The next instalment in my writing prompt series is Dystopian. If you’d like to check out my other posts in this series, I’ll leave the links below;
20 Winter Writing Prompts For An Inspiring December
30 Fantasy Writing Prompts for a Creative November
3 Word Creative Writing Prompts (For The Horror Writer In You)
Keep writing and stay inspired!
1. A plague hits your walled-in town, but instead of people dying, they just disappear into a poof of smoke.
2. All men are gone from the world, how do women conceive in this new world?
3. Don’t go outside after dark or you won’t even be around to regret it.
4. A siren sounds off every evening and every morning, why?
5. The government is stealing babies and you were one of them 14 years ago.
6. Everyone has to enlist in the army when they turn 16. This year it’s time for you to begin your training.
7. A meteor strike 100 years ago sent the remaining humans underground. Today is the day you emerge..
8. A deadly cat and mouse game takes place in a walled off city.
9. After a nuclear bomb destroyed the world, a new society was created where teens have developed strange powers.
10. Parents have the choice to kill you or send you to be imprisoned. Your parents chose to hide you underground..
11. The government is killing people to save money on the healthcare service.
12. Every human is born with a certain animal tattooed on their skin, why?
13. When they reach the age of 10, every child is sent to the lab to be tested on. When they emerge 6 years later they are not the same as they once were..
14. The world freezes over and humans disappear into bunkers. Write what happens when they emerge.
15. Every child must learn about how their community was formed – except everything that is taught is lies.
16. A competition is held every 5 years to weed out the weak. This year – the rules have changed and the participants are now teenagers.
17. You discover your entire life has been a lie..
18. Global warming destroyed the world as we know it, what is it like 200 years later..
19. The government drove everyone mad and many people died. What community was born after the fallout?
20. An underground community has strict rules. What happens if you break those rules?
Let me know if you use any of these, I’d love to read what you create 🙂